APEIRON Biologics AG is a private biotechnology company based in Vienna that specializes in the discovery, development and commercialization of novel immunotherapies for cancer and respiratory diseases.
APEIRON’s cancer drug APN311 (Dinutuximab beta, Qarziba®) has marketing approval in the EU for the treatment of pediatric patients with neuroblastoma and has licensed the worldwide rights for this product exclusively to EUSA Pharma Ltd.. APEIRON uses its proprietary master checkpoint blockade mechanism to enable the human body's natural defense mechanisms to fight the tumor. APEIRON's clinical program APN401 is a “first-in-class” autologous cell therapy to strengthen immune reactivity via an intra-cellular master checkpoint, Cbl-b. APEIRON is developing APN01 in an ongoing clinical trial in Europe for the treatment of Covid-19 (alunacadase alfa). APEIRON's projects and technologies are based on a strong patent portfolio. Partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies and academic institutions underline the development competence of APEIRON.
We are searching for our main office in Vienna an enthusiastic
Intellectual Property Manager (m/f)
- Advising management on IP matters
- Managing the company’s patent and trademark portfolio
- Drafting of patent applications and replies to official actions worldwide
- Providing opinions with regard to patentability, validity, or freedom-to-operate
- Protecting company’s knowhow, e.g. by establishing relevant company policies and confidentiality obligations etc.
- Close work with external patent attorneys
- Cooperating closely with R&D to ensure timely identification and protection of company’s IP
- Managing employee invention process and inventor remuneration process
- Reviewing and revising IP related provisions in contracts
- Qualified European patent attorney
- Profound knowledge of European and US patent law, including current case law, especially with regard to pharma/biotechnology
- Experience in inhouse IP counseling (pharma/biotech), international patent prosecution, strategic intellectual property portfolio management, opposition and appeal proceedings, trademark development and prosecution
- At least 5 years of post-qualified experience in IP management
- Fluent in German and English
- Friendly, supportive and constructive hands-on attitude relevant to a small operative team
- To be part of a successful and growing company
- Exciting projects and international activities
- Self-responsible and autonomous work environment
- Flexible working hours (with core time)
- Possibility to work from home
If you enjoy working in a motivated team with an open and friendly corporate culture we are looking forward to receiving your application (incl. Curriculum vitæ and photo). Please note that we will focus our interview process based on a willingness to work in Vienna.
For the position we offer at least an annual gross salary of € 80.000, - (on full time basis). The actual remuneration
package will be based on your professional experience, qualification and skills.
For more insights into Apeiron Biologics please go to www.apeiron-biologics.com
Contact: Head of HR, Elena Pretterebner
APEIRON Biologics AG, Campus-Vienna-Biocenter 5, 1030 Vienna